Solved Can't see avatars after changing to Digital Ocean File Hosting (1 Viewer)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

snagseb

Licensed
Licensed
Reaction score
Hi,

Love this little addon. Unfortunatley when I started using Digial Ocean Spaces for a kind of CDN, it broke this addon. Presumably the addon is using coding which is now making it point to the 'CDN' @ DO and since the images aren't there, they do not show at all in the selection fields. Basically how do I get this add-on to look in the original spot for the Avatars instead of wherever it is looking at now? Thank you :)

CRUEL-MODZ

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Licensed
Reaction score
Hello,

Can you pass me an account, which I'll look into further.

Regards, CRUEL-MODZ

CRUEL-MODZ

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Licensed
Reaction score
You did put images in the data file, didn't you?

snagseb

Licensed
Licensed
Reaction score
You did put images in the data file, didn't you?
Yes, about 100 images in public_html/data/gallery_avatars. They worked perfectly too until I moved the file storage to Digital Oceans. After that I got an error on the avatar but I was able to edit it and upload a new one which now saves correctly on the remote file bucket @ DO but my existing avatar library(stored locally on the server that hosts the website) no longer shows any of the images.

CRUEL-MODZ

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Licensed
Reaction score
Yes, about 100 images in public_html/data/gallery_avatars. They worked perfectly too until I moved the file storage to Digital Oceans. After that I got an error on the avatar but I was able to edit it and upload a new one which now saves correctly on the remote file bucket @ DO but my existing avatar library(stored locally on the server that hosts the website) no longer shows any of the images.
but so if I understand well you have your data file which is in a remote server. but so the files for the gallery addon too must be on the server saying, because we use the same function as for the avatars

snagseb

Licensed
Licensed
Reaction score
but so if I understand well you have your data file which is in a remote server. but so the files for the gallery addon too must be on the server saying, because we use the same function as for the avatars
Yep, that's what I presumed. So I just create the folders from /data/gallery_avatars and upload all the avatars in there? I don't need any other folders like public_html?

CRUEL-MODZ

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Licensed
Reaction score
yep you just had to put in your data file : gallery_avatars then all your pictures so /data/gallery_avatars/{All image/file}

snagseb

Licensed
Licensed
Reaction score
yep you just had to put in your data file : gallery_avatars then all your pictures so /data/gallery_avatars/{All image/file}
Ok I will try that and advise if I have any issues. If you don't hear back, all is well and thank you.

CRUEL-MODZ

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Licensed
Reaction score
on the other hand, I had done some tests in the template: xs_avatarGallery you had to delete line 9 and line 11

CRUEL-MODZ

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Licensed
Reaction score
Sorry I think that broke something else? See attachment where it says ‘usea gallery avatar’ now has a box that says array.
yes see :
on the other hand, I had done some tests in the template: xs_avatarGallery you had to delete line 9 and line 11

Top Bottom