Solved Bug in Coupons

djbaxter

Licensed
Licensed
Upgrade Coupons
Recurring Subscription
Reaction score
I just had this happen today with someone trying to use the coupon to purchase an upgrade: He had never purchased an upgrade at the forum before but kepot getting an error saying he had used the coupon too many times before.

It's a rather expensive upgrade at $129 USD on a recurring subscription and the coupon is 50% off the first month.

I have the addon set so that the coupon can only be used once.

Now I double-checked and he had not purchased the upgrade previously nor used the upgrade coupon.

As near as I can tell, he must have started the process at some point but not completed the transaction, either due to indecision or an outage with PayPal or possibly the widespread electrical power outages in Texas where he lives. Then when he returned to try to complete the transaction, the coupons addon had erronepusly recorded him as already using the coupon.

In any case, as a workaround, I temporarily changed the usage setting to unlimited and then back to 1 time only after he successfully purchased the upgrade.

Solution
Hello,

Well, I've made an update, it'll probably fix the problem.

[Xen-Soluce] Invite System 2.1.0 :

Regards, CRUEL-MODZ
Hello,

OK, in fact if I understand correctly, if a customer clicks on the button to buy and access the paypal page, the customer won't be able to use the coupon anymore ?

Regards, CUREL-MODZ

Yes exactly, even if he doesn't complete the transaction. Is there someway to avoid incrementing the use count if the transactrion is not completed? I suspect this will be rather complicated since it means checking to see if either (1) the PayPal transaction completed successfully, or (2) the user was in fact upgraded.

In this case, neither (1) nor (2) was true soi ideally hus usage count should have remained at 0 (zero).

Hello,

Do you see in the coupon logs what the user in question has already used this coupon?

Regards, CRUEL-MODZ

No. Only the successful one after I disabled the 1 use only option temporarily. So when he was getting the error, there was no indication in the log that he had ever used the coupon.

Hello,

Yes ok I think I know how to solve this, if I have time I'll do it tonight, if not maybe tomorrow night ;)

Regards, CRUEL-MODZ

Hello,

Well, I've made an update, it'll probably fix the problem.

[Xen-Soluce] Invite System 2.1.0 :

Regards, CRUEL-MODZ

Solution
Sorry, I meant to start a separate thread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom