Suggestion Canonical Urls

MarkoRoots

Registered
Registered
SEO Optimization
Reaction score
Hi there,
I'm trying to use the future in the node: "Canonical Urls".
I was testing it because I need to set as canonical, the contents token from this node, that are been moved also in an other section (this new must be set as canonical) and just adding the link (in this section as "Canonical Urls") to this other section, it seems that the threads in both sections are still shown as canonical, as before, instead to show the canonical urls only in one of these 2 sections.
I make something wrong or is there an issue in the function?

Hello, can you provide an example please?

Regards, SyTry

Yes sure.
When you enter in the node (backend) is there an option called "Canonical Url".
So if I have the same contents in 2 nodes, (example 5 threads that are present in 2 nodes) I thought that writing here the link from where the original content are token (so where are the principal to be marked as canonical) the contents in the section setted are shown as canonical.

Example:

Section/Node X
Thread 1
Thread 2
Thread 3
Thread 4

Section/Node Y
Thread 1
Thread 2
Thread 3
Thread 4

In this example I have the same threads in 2 different nodes, so I must tell to google what are those to take as canonical.
So if I want set that the canonical are those in the Section/Node Y
I need to open in the backend the Node x and there inside write under Canonical Url field, the url of the Node Y. True?
It works in this way?

Yes sure.
When you enter in the node (backend) is there an option called "Canonical Url".
So if I have the same contents in 2 nodes, (example 5 threads that are present in 2 nodes) I thought that writing here the link from where the original content are token (so where are the principal to be marked as canonical) the contents in the section setted are shown as canonical.

Example:

Section/Node X
Thread 1
Thread 2
Thread 3
Thread 4

Section/Node Y
Thread 1
Thread 2
Thread 3
Thread 4

In this example I have the same threads in 2 different nodes, so I must tell to google what are those to take as canonical.
So if I want set that the canonical are those in the Section/Node Y
I need to open in the backend the Node x and there inside write under Canonical Url field, the url of the Node Y. True?
It works in this way?
Hello,

Hum, actually not. The actual system is like this, if you specify Node Y in Node X, then the canonical URL for Node Y would be Node X. Your example is a good (and better) idea!

Just moved your thread in the suggestions forum, thanks! :)

Regards, SyTry

Top Bottom