Implemented Better Meta Titles

MarkoRoots

Registered
Registered
SEO Optimization
Reaction score
An idea.

Is it possible to add in the plugin a better management of the threads meta titles?

I mean, there are some short thread titles and some long ones.
In my case the name of my forum is long and I would like to add it in the thread meta title at the end.
But when the thread title is too long, adding also the complete name of the forum: EX: NameOfTheForum.com
the title will be:
"This is a long thread title about the functionalities of the forum - NameOfTheForum.com"

This for Google is too long and is see as an error. So in this case would be better to use this: NOTF
in this way:
"This is a long thread title about the functionalities of the forum - NOTF"

But for shorter thread titles, is more better to use the entire site name version, that is good for many reasons...
Exemple:
"Short thread title about funcions - NameOfTheForum.com"

So the plugin could count the number of the characters are in a thread title and if are too long of a certain numer (long thread title) it will add the short name of the site "NOTF" instead of long one "NameOfTheForum.com"
and for all those are short (thread titles), it wil add the complete name of the site in this way "NameOfTheForum.com".

So in this way is possible to maximize the good presence on the web by showing the complete name title of the site when possible and prevent that a thread with a long title and so with a number of characters that exceed the maximum characters allowed by Google for meta titles, will generate a penalty (from Google) for that content and also for the site, for a too long meta title.

Great news. Another idea for this. The meta title can be triggered to match the exact number of characters that google need. So all the same as explain in my previous post, but also if the title is really long the plugin could cut off also the short name of the site.
So we can have 3 different case:
Threat Title + Complete name of the forum
Thread Title + Short name of the forum
Thread Title

In this way the plugin should present one of this kind of meta title, different for each thread auto builded depending from the lenght of the thread title.
If you make in this way this is also more better. ;)

So the sytstem can assign the right "Name of the site" in this way in these 3 different situations:

"Short thread title about functions - NameOfTheForum.com"

"This is a long thread title about the functionalities of the forum - NOTF"

"This is a very very long thread title about the functionalities of the forum"

In this way all the meta titles are always setted in best way is possible without generate penallty for too long thread title. :)

Another thing. This should work only for the threads because for the nodes is better don't use this future and make by hand.

Another thing. This should work only for the threads because for the nodes is better don't use this future and make by hand.
OK thank you for providing more details!

Hello, an update is planned soon. I don't have any ETA for the moment. The update will include fixes/suggestions ;)

Regards, SyTry
SyTry please don't forghet this that also is a nice and useful future.

SyTry please don't forghet this that also is a nice and useful future.
Hello, yes of course ! ;)

I'll try to share a version with that this week or the next one

Regards, SyTry

Hello, we are working on your suggestion for the next update ! :)

Regards, SyTry

Hello, thank you for your suggestion, this is now implemented in the next update : 2.5.0 ! ;)
Here is a screenshot of the options with some details :
xs_seo_title_options.png

Regards, SyTry

Great SyTry it works, less something.

First of all the is working only on the threads, but it should works for each links. For example I have noted that it doesn't works on the nodes links.

Also, it should count also the thread prefix, because it seems that when is added is not counted by this function to compile the right title.

Great SyTry it works, less something.

First of all the is working only on the threads, but it should works for each links. For example I have noted that it doesn't works on the nodes links.

Also, it should count also the thread prefix, because it seems that when is added is not counted by this function to compile the right title.
Hello, thank you for your feedback. We'll try to change this in our next version!

Regards, SyTry

Top Bottom