Not a bug Pressing to upload add-on bricked the site

SanctumStaff

Licensed
Licensed
Custom Prefixes & Banners
Reaction score
What it says on the tin. I used the Admin CP to install and instantly got this error:

1706029472800.png

Our site is functionally bricked, even the admin CP is completely inaccessible.

7.4, I believe. We're due for an update, but why on earth would an add-on not check if it has the required version to function? Every single one I have ever installed has had a warning if you were below the required PHP version, I assumed it was a default Xenforo feature

7.4, I believe. We're due for an update, but why on earth would an add-on not check if it has the required version to function? Every single one I have ever installed has had a warning if you were below the required PHP version, I assumed it was a default Xenforo feature
It's something we forgot to add when doing this add-on, it will be added in the last version coming aha

Regards, SyTry

Hello SanctumStaff

Saw your review for our add-on on XenForo today. Well, I can understand your dissatisfaction with the problem caused by a PHP version that is not compatible between your forum and our add-on. However, we have given you a solution, with no return. You've made a review on our add-on, which does not represent its functionalities. Again, we can understand that.

But, this add-on is working with PHP 7.4 and +, so that mean you have PHP 7.3 or -. I'm not saying that it's your fault, we forgot to add a required PHP version when building the add-on - it will be corrected for the next update coming.

XenForo system requirements allows PHP 7.0 and +, but 8.0 is recommanded :

Actually PHP 7.3, 7.4 and 8.0 are not being supported anymore, like I said above :

In conclusion, we forgot to check the PHP version when installing our add-on, which can happen to anyone, but the mistake is human. Don't say we're not trustworthy, because we do our utmost to solve any problems encountered with our add-ons, we add new features and keep our add-ons up to date to keep our customers happy. ;)

Anyway, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate. In addition, we'll be more careful when creating our add-ons to check that PHP versions are compatible before installation. (y)

Regards, SyTry

🤔Tbh I've never actually noticed any kinda warning like that.
I'll have to keep an eye out next time.

Few months ago I purchased an advanced badges add-on from another developer, which basically screwed my site over immediately after installing.

Yet when I requested-(the prepaid)-support, they literally ignored me entirely for over two weeks before finally bothering to respond—but not to offer the support.

😂The dude straight up tried blaming Xenforo first and then me.

In the end I hired Forum-Solutions from over xenforo community to come fix the issue. Barely took him 15minutes to resolve whatever the problem was.

Top Bottom