Solved Wrong Forum Meta-Title

SyTry

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Licensed
Reaction score
Reposting from MarkoRoots at XenForo :
Hi SyTry, I have seen that, setting the XF default board title (in a way) and also the board meta title in your plugin,
it add to the home page meta title, the meta title (of your addon) more the XF default board title at the end, so is visualized in this way:

Board Meta title of the plugin + XF default board title

So if the board meta title is just decided and wrote in a way, to your plugin, how can I remove the XF default board title from the end of the meta title created?

Yes obviously. I mean if I set the meta title of the board on your plugin, it should show only that. Instead to me, but maybe is a problem of my code, setting the meta tile of the board on your plugin, the real meta title that I see is a line composed of:
the meta title of your plugin and following the default tile of the board.
For example setting the meta title of the addon in this way: "Xenforo - The best comunity software online"
and the default XF board title as: "Xenforo"

my real meta title is shown in this way:
Xenforo - The best comunity software online - Xenforo

that is not good... So I would like to remove "Xenforo" at the end. But I have this problem only with the home page, the other links now are shown well.

Hi SyTry, I have seen that after the last update of the plugin the meta title of the site is become again in this way:
Sigaretta Elettronica Forum - Sito Ufficiale | Sigaretta Elettronica Forum

With this "| Sigaretta Elettronica Forum" more.
How can be fixed this?

Hi SyTry, I have seen that after the last update of the plugin the meta title of the site is become again in this way:
Sigaretta Elettronica Forum - Sito Ufficiale | Sigaretta Elettronica Forum

With this "| Sigaretta Elettronica Forum" more.
How can be fixed this?
Hello, we'll have a look for this. We have not changed this in the latest update

Regards, SyTry

Sy good morning. Any news on this? The meta title of the site as you now is foundamental to have the right one, without error.

Sy good morning. Any news on this? The meta title of the site as you now is foundamental to have the right one, without error.
Hey, missed to let you know that I don't have any problem in my side (new/old forum). Are you using the latest version? Can you provide a screenshot of the Meta-Title please ?

Regards, SyTry

Ah sorry Sy, it wasn't the meta title but the tag h1 of the title of the site that was connected to it if I remember good.

1625848029150.png

Hello,

Hum strange, I can't reproduce the problem in 2.2.6 Patch 1. In the add-on options, did you change the option named "Forum Meta-Title" ?

Regards, SyTry

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 2
1626538323693.png

Is setted in this way.

The meta title come compiled good, but the tag h1 not, because is shown in this way:

1626538426067.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 2
Top Bottom