Solved Wrong Forum Meta-Title

SyTry

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Licensed
Reaction score
Reposting from MarkoRoots at XenForo :
Hi SyTry, I have seen that, setting the XF default board title (in a way) and also the board meta title in your plugin,
it add to the home page meta title, the meta title (of your addon) more the XF default board title at the end, so is visualized in this way:

Board Meta title of the plugin + XF default board title

So if the board meta title is just decided and wrote in a way, to your plugin, how can I remove the XF default board title from the end of the meta title created?

Yes obviously. I mean if I set the meta title of the board on your plugin, it should show only that. Instead to me, but maybe is a problem of my code, setting the meta tile of the board on your plugin, the real meta title that I see is a line composed of:
the meta title of your plugin and following the default tile of the board.
For example setting the meta title of the addon in this way: "Xenforo - The best comunity software online"
and the default XF board title as: "Xenforo"

my real meta title is shown in this way:
Xenforo - The best comunity software online - Xenforo

that is not good... So I would like to remove "Xenforo" at the end. But I have this problem only with the home page, the other links now are shown well.

Hi SyTry, any news on this? Remember that is a week that we have to make this fix, I have bought this plugin to make a better seo but this problem is creating seo problems as you can imagine. The Meta Title of the board as you now is the first thing and is foundamental.

Last edited:
Hello, yes a fix is coming today. Sorry for the delay!

Regards, SyTry

Hello, this is now fixed in the 2.3.0 Fix 3 (coming today) !

Regards, SyTry

Solution
Great SyTry, many thanks, Meta Title is too much important as you know and this is realy good also for the plugin.
I go to test it. Thanks again

It seems that the it add from:

Basic options​

the Board title field,
to the one wrote in the addon as meta-title.
Instead to use only the one setted in the addon.

So I'm seeing this as tag h1 shown of my home page:

Name of the forum with some | Name of the forum

instead of:

Name of the forum with some

as setted in the addon under board meta-title.

I don't recall modifying the H1 only the TITLE, we'll have a look thanks for your report!

Regards, SyTry

Hi SyTry, some news to fix the problem?
Hello, for now I'm on vacation. I can share a fix for this but I don't have my computer with me. Another version is ready to be shared but with my other computer..

Regards, SyTry

SyTry do you know when you come back from the vacation?
Just an indication to know if are few days or (as I hope for you) some month. :D

SyTry do you know when you come back from the vacation?
Just an indication to know if are few days or (as I hope for you) some month. :D
Hey, I'm back. We'll make an update for this and the orther stuff ;)

So you also want the H1 to be modified ?

Regards, SyTry

Top Bottom